Important Documents to Keep on Hand
There are several important documents that should be accessible in case of emergency.
- Doctor’s names and contact information.
- A list of current medications and dosages.
- Phone numbers and addresses of local police and fire departments, hospitals, and poison control.
- A list of food or drug allergies.
- Copies of legal papers (e.g. living will, advance directives, power of attorney).
- Names and contact information of friends and family members to call in case of an emergency.
- Insurance information (e.g. policy number, member name).
Keep copies of these documents in an easily accessible location at home and take them with you when you are traveling or plan to be away for an extended period of time. Keep an additional copy of each in another location away from home.
Tags: Emergency Preparedness, Documentation